Welcome to the Professional Development Certification Program (PDCP), formerly known as the Alternative Certification Program (ACP) for the ÃÛÌÒ´«Ã½ County School District. PDCP is a rigorous 2-year program designed to develop quality teachers by offering professional education preparation via online learning and mentor support to newly hired educators with subject area expertise. By choosing this program as a means of alternative certification, you are committing to successfully completing classroom- and school-based assignments, devoting a substantial amount of personal and professional time to your program work, and making a long-term investment in your career as an educator. Click to view an informational video about the Professional Develpment Certification Program.
• Complete 18 job-embedded tasks that align with the Florida Educator Accomplished Practices.
• Complete required Reading coursework (myPGS).
• Complete ESOL Methods (myPGS).
• Complete one of the Classroom Management courses (myPGS).
• Take and pass the Subject Area, General Knowledge, and **Professional Education exams.
• Be a full time, K-12 classroom teacher with ÃÛÌÒ´«Ã½.
• Hold a temporary teaching certificate from the Florida Department of Education.
• Have at least two years remaining on temporary certificate.
• Assessor to provide personalized feedback through completion of the program.
• School based Mentor or another mentor to assist with classroom observations.
• District support to manage your progress through the program.
For more information regarding PDCP, email Tricia Graham at email@example.com.